Monday, October 11, 2010

Family, Fun, and Food Oh My!


Family: A couple days ago I was just having a pity party for myself. My brother and his family had not been able to make it out to our home since we moved here in July. I was sharing these feelings with some friends when I got a text message that made my year! They were going to come up (they live about an hour away) and spend the night. The entire family!

We had a fantastic time! My new niece is a joy to be around. Sleep, Eat, Poo, and repeat. I love her so much already. I can't wait to see what kind of personality she develops.

Fun: Hubs made, ok attempted, to make a fire for us out back. It was a struggle. I think our wood was bad, because the flame we had going was from the starter sticks. Oh well. The nephew, age 5, still had a wonderful time roasting marshmallows and sitting outside in the dark. He loved looking at the stars and learning about the Big Dipper. "What's it dip?" Adorable, right? He always keeps me in stitches. We also played video games, had pillow fights, went for a nice walk, and just had a fantastic time sitting around being with one another. I wouldn't trade a minute of this weekend for all the money in the world.

Food: Ahhhh, yes. This is the "Oh my" section of my post. I am being 100% honest here and sharing that it all started with one bad choice followed by another and so on. It wasn't over eating. In fact, I think I was under eating and that lead to bad choices of food that had too many calories. So, here we go...

Friday Evening: Boneless Buffalo Wings w/Blue Cheese from Chili's. I did a little search and found out via Hungry Girl that those bad boys are 33 points for the basket. Don't believe me. Check it out!

Saturday: I had cereal for breakfast, so all was well there. Lunch was nothing because I was busy making a red velvet cake complete with cream cheese frosting, all from scratch. (Remember, I was having some important visitors!) That evening we had hot dogs for dinner. I had 2 on a light bun with some chips (small handful) and a tablespoon of some not very good mac and cheese. I split a small piece of cake with Hubs. I think he ate most of it.

Sunday: Breakfast was soooo yummy! We made pancakes, sausage (I had turkey sausage), home fries, and syrup (I had light). I am confident that I did fine there points wise. I had 3 small 4 inch pancakes and 3 links of turkey sausage. I don't think I even had 3 tablespoons of syrup. Lunch was quick. 2 cold hot dogs on the way out the door. Ohhhhh and my own slice of cake this time...thin, but still! For dinner I vowed to turn it around. I made WW General Tso Chicken with white rice. It was yumo and a good comfort food.

Am I wrong here? I don't think I over ate, I just made poor choices.

Today, I have been back on track. As a matter of fact, I even worked out! I did my elliptical this morning and then this evening, Ber and I went for a walk. 1.6 miles in 29 minutes. I am pretty happy with that.

Tomorrow, my plan is to get some organizing done in the basement, eat on plan, and go for a walk.

No comments: