Saturday, February 4, 2012

"He who fails to plan is planning to fail."


In a week full of things to do, it is often hard to fit in much needed "me" time.  It is even harder when you need to fit in that much needed "friend" time.  

That's why I was so excited when my sister from another mister, Amber, asked me to go to Plymouth with her after her work day!  We decided we were going to do a little window shopping and maybe even grab a bite to eat.

Enter anxiety.  OUT TO EAT?  How in the world was I going to handle this?  Of course, our options weren't stellar either, but we knew if we planned ahead, we could make anything work.  

I was very careful with my points+.  I wanted to make sure that I had some strong points+ left over for dinner that I didn't have to stress myself out about it.  We decided on TGI Fridays.  LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!

Amber and I spent a couple of hours, and no I am not even exaggerating a little here, planning what we were going to eat, how many points+ we needed to have available, and how we could make sure we got through the meal without over indulging in a bad choice.  

My first instinct I must admit was to order the Fried Green Beans.  I mean, people, these should be illegal!  How else should veggies be served?  Hot?  Yes.  Fried?  Of course.  With a dipping sauce?  Duh!  Looking over their nutritional info (which they have so nicely shared on their web site), I found that those veggies were a bit more points+ than I was looking to spend.  Especially knowing that I would be hungry and not very satisfied (or happy with myself) later.  Back to the drawing board...

Amber had mentioned trying the Dragonfire Chicken Entree and the Spinach and Artichoke Flatbread (she had enjoyed that before).  I took a look at it and agreed that sounded great and for just 17 points+ for the entree, I believed it was a winner.

The Dragonfire Chicken was amazing!  It was a grilled chicken breast glazed in Kung Pao Sauce served over a bed of jasmine rice with a salsa of sorts (that was a little disappointing), madarin oranges, and a side of broccoli.  My plate was full!  I couldn't believe what I was getting for 17 points+.  The best part was it tasted so fresh and light.  It had so many different flavor notes; spicy, heat, sweet, savory, fruity.  It was just so good.  

I also tried a triangle of the Spinach and Artichoke Flatbread that Amber ordered.  Goodness me!  I am getting that bad boy for a meal next time!  WOW.  If you are craving something that you think should be bad for you, this is it!  The spinach and garlic, the cheese, the crisp crunch of the flat bread.  Just totally worth every 2 points+ bite.  

Unfortunately, I was so entertained by my company and the yummy food that I forgot to take a picture of my plate like I wanted to.  Here is a picture I found via the web of my meal.  Again, the salsa was not that impressive on my plate, but it still was a beautiful dish.  I also included a picture of the flat bread...yumo! 


cHlYEopTmr3PY0aby-Fddz-dragonfire-chicken-t-g-i-fridays-231x146.jpg

IMG_5269%2520%2528Copy%2529%255B2%255D.jpg


No comments: