Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not Just A Journey


This is not just a journey that I am embarking on.  It is the biggest baddest fastest roller coaster I have ever been on!  There is no get off point either.  I got on.  I plan on riding it until I am the healthiest person I can be.

Yesterday I was tested.  Everything seemed to be on my nerves, including myself.  I was tired and feeling a lot of emotions.  I had no interest in working out, counting points, or being awake!  Thankfully, I had a great friend who talked me through my urge to binge on whatever I could get my hands on.  She helped me plan my dinner and dessert for the evening.  Thanks "A."   I wish I could say that kept my roller coaster on track, but it did not!

Before I knew it,  I was at Target, for some much needed mommy away time, standing in the candy aisle. I don't exactly know what I was doing there.  I wasn't planning on buying candy.  I don't think I even wanted candy.  I was standing there though.  Breathing in the sweet smells of chocolate, licorice, and peanut butter!  OY!  Just when I needed to be shaken out of the sugar smell coma, my phone rang.  It was another WW friend calling to check in.  

I answered the phone laughing.  Busted again!  HAHA  I confessed my placement in the store to her and turned my cart right around.  Second loop of the roller coaster was a success!  Thanks "J."  

I headed over to the magazine rack and decided to reward my behavior with something a little more positive; A Weight Watchers Magazine.  It took me a while to go through all of them, because it looked like there were none left.  As I was just about to give up, I moved a Cooking Light Magazine and there it was.  Jennifer Hudson staring at me from the cover of the magazine.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.  Of course I grabbed it and was on my way out of Target!  I didn't even grab a much thought about Starbucks coffee.

On the way home, I just drove.  I did not listen to music or talk on the phone.  I just enjoyed the silence.  It was exactly what I needed.  My reset button was pushed and I felt like I was ready to get back on the roller coaster of life.  Sometimes I forget to take care of me and in the end everyone pays for it!  Sorry family and friends!  

In the end, I stayed on plan.  I counted my points.  I survived.  I hate days like yesterday.  I wish I never had them, but that just isn't life.  We all need to break once in a while.  At least that is what I am telling myself today.

No comments: